Happy Monday! Today I’m sharing a little treat that you can make in 10 minutes, perhaps to brighten your Monday evening!
The wonderful things of this recipe:
- 7 easy ingredients
- Protein power in the pecans and almond butter
- 10 minutes to throw together
- It’s a snack or a healthier dessert
- They look cute
- You can make them in mini cupcake papers like this or roll them into balls
- SALTED – I never knew what salted chocolate was about until the past year or so and now I am all about it
Next time you need an easy treat, try a batch of these!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- A pinch of coarse salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Combine the oats, pecans, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and salt until incorporated. If it feels too crumbly, add a tablespoon of honey or so. Fill mini cupcake papers with the mixture and press firmly down (alternatively, you can roll it into balls). Pop in the fridge for a few minutes to allow them to firm up.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cups and sprinkle a bit of coarse salt on top.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for up to a week.
If you try these salted chocolate nut and oat bites, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.