A simple and scrumptious salad made with pecans, cranberries, and delicious warm goat cheese toast – it’s pecan cranberry salad with goat cheese toast!!
Watch out. An obsession with goat cheese toast coming atcha in 3, 2, 1 – – –
Goat cheese toast is my favorite new thing (besides these enchiladas from Pinch of Yum – holy cow these are amazing!) and I need you all to share in the goodness with me. They are the superstars of this salad – cause bread should be the star of every salad, right??
All they’re going to require of you is a quick brush of olive oil, a slather of the goat cheese, and toast them under the broiler for a few minutes. Easy as pie. And you’re going to want to eat these more than pie. Is anyone with me there? More times than not, I could easily choose bread over dessert.
I mean, come on with that toasted perfection!!
Additionally, we’re going to toss some toasted pecans (take three minutes to toast them – it makes a difference) and some dried cranberries on top. And mix it all in with a simple vinaigrette.
The dressing is a family favorite – my Aunt Amy’s recipe. And it is good for all sorts of salads and it is a terrific accompaniment to this beautiful thing. It’s a simple as could be with five ingredients that you almost certainly already have in your pantry and fridge!
But don’t forget about the toast. Oh yes, the toast. I wrote the recipe for four pieces of bread, but you might just want to double that part so you don’t eat them all straight from the pan. Definitely not speaking from personal experience – definitely not.
And if you’re gluten-free – simple substitution! Just make sure your baguette is GF certified!
This pecan cranberry salad with goat cheese toast – it’s calling your name!
- 9 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the toast
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 slices of baguette
- Half of a head of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- A handful of toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- A handful of dried cranberries
- Make the dressing: Mix it all together.
- Make the toast: Preheat your broiler. Brush a small amount of olive oil on each baguette slice. Spread an ounce of goat cheese on top. Toast under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, until very lightly browned or simply melted.
- Make the salad: Toss the lettuce lightly with as much dressing as you prefer (you will have some leftover – yay!) Sprinkle with the pecans and cranberries. Add the goat cheese toast on top and serve immediately.
If you try this pecan cranberry salad with goat cheese toast, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.