A giant, amazing cookie stuffed with peanut butter, oats, chocolate, M&Ms, and Reese’s Pieces
Edit: I just developed a gluten-free version of these! Check the recipe notes for instructions on how to adapt!
Have you ever heard of Monster Cookies? Last week, I made a giant batch of these and had several friends give them a try. I was amazed how many people had never heard of Monster Cookies! GUYS. These are AMAZING. Monster Cookies are one of the best cookies you could ever make and eat and I hope it can become a staple cookie in your house! Let me tell you all about them:
Monster Cookies are essentially peanut butter cookies stuffed with heaps of oats, chocolate chips, M&Ms, and Reese’s Pieces. And boy, these cookies are SO GOOD. I might even go so far as to say that these are my favorite cookies EVER. Yes, really.
My husband and I enjoyed last weekend in the mountains. We tent-camped in Pike National Park, we hiked, we s’mored, and I got just a tiny bit sunburnt despite the fact that I slathered myself in handfuls of sunscreen every hour.
For a nice little weekend camping, these Monster Cookies are such a good choice to bring! They’re a fun, colorful treat that’s easy to share. You can almost trick yourself until thinking they’re healthy, because they’re full of peanut butter (hey, protein!) and old-fashioned oats (totally good-for-you grain!). Just slept a night in a tent and tempted to eat a cookie for breakfast? Don’t mind if I do!
These cookies are hearty, sweet, and the perfect texture balance of crunchy and soft. The peanut butter taste is oh so good and you can use creamy or crunchy! And, even better, natural peanut butter works fantastic in this recipe! Skip those unnecessary additives and enjoy a cleaner cookie (and yes, we’re gonna throw a whole bunch of M&Ms and Reese’s Pieces in these, but, hey, these are COOKIES after all!)
Enjoy these cookies! They’re a wonderful treat that everyone you share with is gonna be obsessed with!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups peanut butter (see note)
- 4 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup M&M’s
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugars, vanilla, baking soda, and salt until fully incorporated. Add butter and peanut butter and beat for two to three minutes. Add in the oats and flour and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, M&M’s, and Reese’s Pieces until mostly, evenly spread throughout the dough.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (or up to 48 hours) and then preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and shape dough in about quarter cup-size balls (you can make them smaller or bigger, but you will need to adjust cooking time, just keep an eye on them). Flatten them with your hands or a spoon until about 1/2 to 3/4 inch tall (you will rarely hear this with a drop cookie, but these are so stuffed with goodies, they won’t spread hardly at all).
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cookies are turning golden brown (be careful not to overcook). Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker