Easy, copycat recipe for Take 5 Bars!
I’ve got a super sweet, totally addicting treat coming up for you today! These are one of my all-time favorite candies to indulge in: Take 5s! If you’ve never had a Take 5 bar, they’re made of five wonderful things:
- Peanut Butter
These are so super good, but when you buy them at the store, they’re filled with all sorts of yuck. While this recipe is still a complete indulgence, we get to control the ingredients in it and make it as clean as possible! And in the process, you’re going to make yourself the most delicious treat – try to eat just one and you simply can’t!
We’re going to top some pretzels (use gluten-free ones, if you’re gf!) with a dab of peanut butter, a few peanut halves, and caramel. For the caramel, you can buy store-bought, but I much prefer making it at home because it’s so easy. I recommend Sally’s recipe for a super simple, classic caramel recipe. Or you could try some date caramel for a vegan option, like Dana’s recipe.
After we top ’em and freeze ’em, we’ll dunk them in some chocolate. You can use milk, semi-sweet, or dark – whatever you love the most!
And check out my video to see a step-by-step process of this recipe!
- 20 pretzel squares
- A few spoonfuls of peanut butter
- A handful of peanut halves
- A few spoonfuls of caramel soft
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Layout your pretzel squares on a parchment paper-covered plate or pan. Top each pretzel with a dab of peanut butter and three peanut halves. Freeze for ten minutes.
- Top each piece with a little dap of caramel and freeze for an additional ten minutes or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double-boiler over the stove carefully, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place a pretzel with its toppings on a fork and dunk into the chocolate, making sure it completely covered. Remove and place back on the parchment paper. Work through each pretzel in this way and when finished, freeze until firm.
If you try these homemade Take 5 bars, I’d love to see the result! Tag your kitchen creations with #mesacookingco so I can admire your beautiful work!
© MESA COOKING CO. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or content without prior permission.